Around 130 years ago a wounded general came for treatment to the Crimea. Due his heroism in the Crimean war the empire gave him a piece of land by the sea. The veteran built a small wooden house in which he was looking for solitude, romanticism and calm. His humble house was called "The Castle of Love". ⠀ ⠀ In 1911 the German oil millionaire Baron von Steingel bought the land and demolished the house, asking the Russian architect Leonid Sherwood to build him a castle instead, so that is was the moment which the Swallow’s Nest Castle was created. ⠀ ⠀ #TRAVELTIP: In 1975 an Italian restaurant (because why not?) opened in the castle and still in operation ever since.